Over the years, the Transcona BIZ has commissioned numerous heritage murals to pay homage to our founders and to recognize our strong history. In 2016, we developed and instituted a new plan for our murals and public art. The new plan takes into account different styles of art, locations, and themes than our original plan.
Old Plan (pre-2016)
• “Traditional” themes
• Focus on Transcona history
• Preference for local artists
• Use of large, prominent wall spaces
New Plan (2016-)
• Contemporary, urban art
• Visual, engaging subjects/themes
• Local and international artists
• Use of smaller walls in alleys and laneways
Click on the images below to find out about each artwork. For a more in-depth look, check out Transcona Museum’s Murals of Transcona Guided Walking Tour that runs in the Summer.