Artist: Dan Sawatsky
Medium: Acrylic paint
Location: TD Bank, 200 Regent Ave West
Restored: Tom Andrich, 2010
Dan Sawatsky is responsible for four of the murals around Transcona. “Locomotive CN 2747”, restored by Tom Andrich in 2010, paints the first steam locomotive built in Western Canada at the Transcona Shops in April 1926. Locomotive CN 2747 was one of 33 steam locomotives built at the shops and the only one saved from demolition. Donated to the community, it is permanently located in an outdoor display at the Rotary Heritage Park at on Plessis Road. In 2015, the locomotive was purchased by Transcona Museum for the hefty sum of $1 and is the Museum’s heaviest artifact.
Information provided by the Transcona Museum
Removed in April 2022.