The theme for 2023 is Dinosaurs Roam Transcona. Students from K-12 in the Transcona area were encouraged to research their favourite dinosaurs to design a banner. In 2022, we were overwhelmed by the amount of students who chose to participate, with almost 1200 entries submitted.
A total of 65 students were chosen by the community to paint their artwork on large banners that are displayed on hydro poles throughout downtown Transcona in the following areas:
- Regent Ave West between Kanata Ave and Plessis
- Bond Street between Regent Ave and Pandora
- Pandora Street between Day Street and Plessis
- Plessis Street from Regent Ave heading south towards the underpass
- Around Park City Commons strip mall parking lot near No Frills
We hope you enjoy hunting for each banner and seeing all the wonderful artworks around town. This year our seasonal community ambassadors have been hard at work to compile a map!
Click on the symbol in the top left hand corner of the map for a list of all the artist’s names on the left of the map to find out where each banner is.
Banners will be displayed for a year, before being taken down when they can be picked up from the BIZ office for the artist to keep!
Congratulations to all of our local artists!