**Update: Our Community Markets for 2021 are going ahead in a new location! They will be held at 131 Victoria Ave West, in the parking lot of the Transcona Christian Reformed Church. Please wear a mask, respect social distancing by staying 6 feet apart from others, and stay at home if you feel unwell.
We are happy to announce that we had an overwhelming response to our vendor call out for the 2021 Transcona BIZ
Community Markets. This year will include some of your all-time favorites as well as new vendors to discover! Markets will run every Thursday between July 8th – August 19th from 10.30 am – 2.30 pm. We are also pleased to announce the return of Night Markets, held on Wednesday July 14th, and Wednesday August 11th from 5.00 pm – 8.00 pm.
Follow us on Facebook to learn who will be attending each date!
Please note all events are subject to Manitoba Public Health Orders.
Like last year, there will be additional COVID-19 protocols and safety measures in place to help keep our community healthy. Here’s what you can expect, and how you can help make these markets the best yet:
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be located on Victoria Avenue West.
- Masks are mandatory
- Use hand sanitizer, and follow social distancing practices by staying 6 feet apart from others.
- With capacity limits reduced, be prepared to wait in line, limit the number of shoppers per household, and reduce the amount of time you spend at the markets by picking up the items you need and not lingering.
- Please follow the one-way arrows and walk in a clockwise direction around the space.
- Check out our social media pages before each market date to find out what vendors will be attending, and research what you would like to buy ahead of time.
- Shop after 12 noon to avoid crowds.
- If you are sick or vulnerable, please stay home and take care of yourself.
- For all the latest information from our provincial government, go here: http://www.manitoba.ca/health/coronavirus/index.html
- Be kind, understanding, respectful, and safe.
Vendors include: (subject to change)
BJK Paper Crafts
Diane Nichols Crafts
Fred Simpson Glass Jewellery
Homemade Creations by Pat
Jonathan and Liudmila’s Family Veggie Market
Laurie’s Vegetables, Preserves & Baking
Medical Socks and Insoles with David
Plant-based Cookbooks with Caroline
Watkins with Dave
*Vendors subject to change.
Thank you vendors for the overwhelming interest in participating in the 2021 Community Markets! Spaces are now full. To be placed on the vendor waitlist, please fill out the form below.
Vendors are encouraged to read the Province of Manitoba Farmer’s Market Guidelines and ensure they are in compliance with all current standards, including the use of physical distancing measures and hygienic practices to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. More information can be found on the Province of Manitoba website.
Since their inception in 2004, Transcona BIZ has hosted weekly Thursday markets in July and August. The markets showcase a rotating variety of locally grown fresh produce, handmade arts and crafts, specialty teas, artisanal oils and vinegars, homemade sauces and jams, baked goods, and jewellery.
Updated physical distancing, cleaning protocols, and a reduction in the amount of vendors within the Square have helped to ensure these markets can continue, with everyone’s health and safety in mind. We’d like to thank all the vendors and community members who come and support the markets, and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.