With the support of all our business members, the BIZ Zone provides services for members that increase the value of their businesses as well as make the community a much more livable, shopable, and fun place for everyone.
- In addition to the BIZ events, these member services and programs include
- public art and murals,
- storefront improvement grants,
- free graffiti removal throughout Transcona,
- the free BIZ Bullet glossy magazine and business directory,
- summer jobs for students in the community (Green Team and Canada Summer Jobs),
- Summer Flowers Program,
- Christmas Lights,
- free year round Rooftop Lighting program for businesses downtown,
- trash mitigation and litter patrols (seasonal),
- free Community Spring Cleanup event in May,
- digital and standard readerboards for promoting non-profit community events,
- memorial paver installations at TCS
- free Festival of Banners (student created art on banners throughout the BIZ Zone), and
- placemaking and public space beautification.
Please contact the BIZ office for more details on any of these programs and services. Some, like advertising in the BIZ Bullet are reserved for members only. Not sure if you’re a member? Contact us and we’ll check for you.