Transcona BIZ held our very first Made by Hand Market on August 27th, 2016. It was an great opportunity for our hand made only vendors to shine. We had a record amount of vendors and it was an incredible day had by all. This year, we are pleased to bring yet another Made by Hand Market, July 29th from 10 am – 2 pm.
If you are a market vendor who hand makes your own products, please review the information below and then click here to apply today
- The market will occur Saturday July 29th at 135 Regent Avenue West at the Transcona Centennial Square
- Market opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 2:00 p.m.
- Vendors need to be set up and ready to go by 10:00 a.m.
New to 2017
- A new $10 table rental charge is now being implemented at our Market Garden. If you require a table for the Market please indicate so on your application form. Tables must be requested in advance.
- If you do not RSVP to the market you will not be guaranteed a spot. You can RSVP ahead of time, but if anything does come up that you cannot attend the market garden, Transcona BIZ must be notified within 48 hours.
- $25 per market
- Payments need to be made 1 week before the market
- Payments can be cash, cheque or credit card.
- If you do not pay one week before the market your spot will be given to a different vendor
- Refunds can be made if Transcona BIZ is notified within 48 hours of the market garden date you cannot attend.
- Vendors can begin setting up any time after 8:00 a.m. but must be present at the market and checked in at the front stage by 9:45 a.m.
- Vendors must be set up and ready to go by 10:00 a.m.
- TIP: the market opens at 10:00 a.m. on paper, however community residents are there early. The sooner you can open for them, the happier they are.
- Vendors cannot begin to pack up until 2:00 p.m.
- Tents are available for use, though not every vendor is guaranteed a tent. Tents are provided on a first come first serve basis. Please bring your own tent if you can.
- If vendor requires electricity, please note in application. Transcona BIZ asks that you provide your own extension cords.
- Vendors must bring their own table and chairs.
- Tables are available for rent for $10 per table per market. This must be indicated on your application ahead of time.
- Market manager will take in consideration all requests for location, electricity and other needs. We will try our best to accommodate every vendor, however not all requests can be fulfilled.
- Transcona BIZ will pay to promote all our markets on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Transcona BIZ will pay to promote all our markets in print publications such as the BIZ Bullet, the Coffee News, and in our Summer promotions ad in the Winnipeg Free Press, summer events promo at Canada Day Festival
- Transcona BIZ will create Facebook events for each market
- Transcona BIZ will have an up to date list of “what you can find at this week’s market” on our website.
- Transcona BIZ will advertise market on digital and non-digital reader boards when space is available
- Transcona BIZ has hired a graphic designer to create a new look for the market with new posters and promotional material
- Please do your part – share and promote the market!
How to Apply
- Please fill out the online application form at
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email to let you know that the Transcona BIZ has received your application
- Transcona BIZ will contact you via email regarding our decision on your application before June 28th
- Please be patient with application process. Please give us a call after May 28th if you have not heard from us
How to RSVP to Market
- You will receive an email asking you to RSVP to a specific market date
- Click the link and fill out your name
- Click yes or no to RSVP for that specific date
- If you do not RSVP 1 week before the market or if you RSVP no you will not have a spot in that market garden
For any other information, please feel free to contact Jessica at 204-222-8566 or firstname.lastname@example.org